Sunday 1 April 2012

Ride out to Loughborough

Sad I know, but I had been fascinated by the Loughborough Cycle map which shows a number of numbered cycle routes through and around the town. On a lovely spring day myself, Eric and Robert took a trip out to Leicester via NCN 63 and then NCN 6 north to Loughborough. A couple of problems following 63 which has quite a few twists and turns but we got there without any real problems. We then picked up NCN 6 which was more straightforward and has recently had some posh new signs.

Refreshment stops at the Abbey Park cafe and then a well earned pint at a canalside pub in Loughborough which went down very well.

From here we headed off in different directions for home - me a hilly ride through Charnwood fo
rest and Eric tried the towpath. Robert opted for NCN 6 / 52. Before we split Robert and I followed a part of Route 3 from the pub. This looks like a bit of a ring road around the town. Anyway it delivered me from the pub to the Uni where I picked up the road to Nanpantan The route was well signed and the cycle route was all on dedicated cycle paths by the side of the road.
Bit tired by the time I got home, but a great day out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, great to read your blog, we are getting ourselves up and running at www.sustransrugby.wordpress.com I will add a link you your blog if you like :o)

    ReplyDelete